Friday, December 10, 2004

what am I teaching her???

First off all can I just tell you how much I LOVE and look forward to reading your entries Michelle my belle... especially these last two mumbai entries. They were incredible - the words you chose to describe what you experienced painted a very vivid picture in my head. Definitely good enough to be published in any book. You should do that my dear, write a book... It was even somewhat of an emotional experience for me just reading it - I almost cried reading your descriptions of what you seen and experienced in the slums. But then again, that could just be me cry-over-everything Ang ;)

And in response to your last response - Michelle drama. What are you talking about? I've never witnessed any of that in my life... (I wish there was an easier way to convey sarcasm in writing)

Little funny story for you:
Anna has problems with brushing her teeth. The main problem being that she just likes to eat the yummy bubble gum flavoured toothpaste. Why do they make it taste so good? I just don't get it... So I've been on her case to remember to spit the toothpaste out, don't swallow it.
So every day, while she's brushing her teeth, I'm usually standing there saying
Spit, don't swallow...
Spit, don't swallow...
Spit, don't swallow...
It didn't hit me until the other day of what I was saying... I wonder if that little mantra will stick with her for the rest of her life. Will it have some effect on her sexual attitudes years and years down the road :-P

Not much else is new... Um, hanukah started on Wednesday - so I've been lighting my menorah for a couple of nights now :) Getting ready to practice up some dreidel. We're having people over for a little christmas party on Monday, and I'm even going to serve some jewish food - I'm just getting right into this. Pam's coming over, and I'm sure she'll frown upon it...
I get a week off at christmas time so I am really looking forward to that!
We had our big family christmas with my mom's side of the family last Saturday - the one where we have to rent a hall because the family's just gotten too darn big... it was a ton of fun. But due to lack of interest on the male side of our family (all of the outgoing ones were missing that day) my 16 year old niece Amber volunteered to be Santa. It was hilarious. She did a fantastic job, even though she didn't fool any of the kids for even a minute :)
We're going back to Red Deer tonight for this going away party for a friend of ours that works with Jarrod. Reason number one I can tell I'm getting older: I haven't gotten drunk in about 4 months. Even on our pub crawl, I wasn't really hammered, I was just a happy buzzed. Oh, I forgot about Halloween - I was pretty drunk on Halloween... but besides that, I just haven't, and I don't even really feel like it. You know? But I have a feeling things may get out of control this evening... we'll see. Even though honestly, I'd rather just stay at home and watch movies ;) - that's how I can tell I'm getting old!!!!
Well, I should get going. I love you mon amie!
Once again, I think your stories are absolutely incredible - keep them coming!!!
I'll write again soon,
your puddin pie :)

1 Comments:

Blogger mag said...

Oh my goodness, I missed this entry! I love that feelings, when you find some hidden little jem! Yah!

hmm yep, i think you've messed up Anna for life.

i'm very glad you're following through with your menorah. Actually, I should bring you home a hot Isreali, there's lots of them here. Most of them are fresh out of the army and hate their religion though...hmmm. Speaking of hot back-packers I'm going to Thailand...not sure when but I should be able to get a cheap (like $200 round trip!!!) ticket there so I thought why not! You should join us! I'm thinking for 2 weeks (because of work) Hmm actually maybe you should come join me in July in Hong Kong and we can go to Cambodia, Laos, Malyasia and the like. O.k. O.k .I know, i know...but think about it.

Amber was santa claus!!!! Oh god, you have to email me pictures.

O.k. one last thing - yay for not drinking!!!!

Love yah.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home