Friday, October 29, 2004

Happy Halloween!!!

Wow, my first entry in dun, dun, dun, dun... the NANNY BLOG. This was my friend Michelle's idea - and you know what my darling punkin head? I bet you're the only one reading this ;)
So, I just wanted to send a Happy Halloween your way... want me to fill you in on the exciting halloween activities me and the munchkins participated in this week?
First of all, preschool Halloween party - Anna is dressed as a butterfly. But of course we had a twenty minute battle in the morning because the outfit I had picked out for her to wear under her butterfly wings "doesn't LOOK GOOD!!" She's only three for crying out loud, but her whole world revolves around fashion. She's very much into dressing in one solid colour, and if I dare set out a pair of blue underwear for her to wear with her orange outfit, even though she doesn't own any orange underwear - it's pretty much the end of the world.
wow am I ever blabbing...
Let's get to the point of the preschool halloween party. They had to have it on the Tuesday rather than the Thursday (closer to halloween) because on the Thursday the entire private school was hosting an open house for potential students and anyone else to come and view the school and the classrooms and they wanted all children to be in their "natural habitats" What the HELL does that mean?
Tuesday evening I take the Anna Banana, her 8 year old sister Mia and the girl we carpool with, Asia, to Boo at the Zoo - a yearly event at the Calgary Zoo. Anna was FREAKED out. Holy crap... at the parts that weren't even scary. Oh look there's a giant green caterpillar with googly eyes - I know let's scream, "AAAAHHHH, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE..." just so we can freak out all the other little kids around. They had some "magicians" doing card tricks - they were pretty cool. I think the one was flirting with me. How weird is that? I'm carting around three kids, who most people assume are all mine - I guess it is possible, if I was knocked up when I was sixteen... So, I'm carrying Anna who's arms are wrapped so tightly around my neck I think I'm blue in the face, and choking, and this cute magician is flirting with me. Crazy... There was this guy dressed up as a big ape with a prison uniform on (personally doesn't make any sense to me - a gorilla escaping from jail?) and he's running around after the kids. I can see how this would be scary. So he's coming up to us as I'm trying to take the girls' pictures and Anna's screaming bloody murder, so I try telling her that it's just a monkey, nothing to be scared of, actually it's just a zookeeper dressed up as a monkey. She's clinging on to me, digging nails into my flesh, and the monkey comes over and pretends to cry, whimpering like we've hurt his feelings. Anna's still wants nothing to do with him. So I start petting the monkey, I stroked his head for a good two minutes, talking baby-talk "wook at the poor wittle monkey - he's so sad" trying to convince Anna that there's nothing to be scared of. In the end she doesn't believe me for one second and I feel like an idiot for rubbing this guy's head and talking jibberish to him.
On Wednesday we carved a pumpkin - not your ordinary pumpkin with spooky eyes and a missing teeth smile. Nope ours had to "look nice". So we have a girly girl pumpkin. Eyelashes, pouty lips and a cute little nose. This morning Mia stuck a "J-Lo" hat on top of our poor pumpkin's head. Oh, it's a sad world...
And yesterday we made a shitload of halloween cookies. I wish I could send some over to you Michelle my belle!
Then tonight the kids have the Heritage Park After Dark, tomorrow morning a jack o'lantern carving party at a friends house. Tomorrow night the Halloween Howler school dance and Sunday actual trick-or-treating.
When did halloween turn into a week long event? I forgot to mention our halloween day at gymnastics last Monday... Cripes!
Well how was that? A week in the life of nanny ang is more like it... And in my off-nanny hours, you ask? Haven't been up to much. Jarrod was in town for a millright course this week so we told him we could meet up with him and some of his classmates after their test last night. Where did we end up going? The strippers - oh fun... At least Trac and I have "our rule" - we'll go there but all our drinks are paid for... Jar doesn't mind. Wanna know about our costumes this year?
Venetian blinds - What, you're saying, how the hell do you pull that off? Well we're dressing "italian" - all black, these funky beret like hats, and ties, with a nametag saying, "Hi, I'm ____ from Venice", then we've got those big "blind-people" sunglasses and walking sticks. Get it? Venetian blinds... HA HA HA. Yeah, we're still just as dorky as ever :) We're going bowling for Shireen's birthday tomorrow afternoon and then to a house party at Mel & Scott's tomorrow night for halloween. It should be fun!
Okay well I should get back to my "nannying". The munchkin's watching some Toy Story right now. Aww, I knew someone once who had a crush on Woody... who could that be? ;) Funny, funny...
Anyways - HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Talk to you soon :)

2 Comments:

Blogger mag said...

Yay!!! I can now give in to my voyeristic nature and read all about Ang's life!! This has got to be the best blog ever! I laughed my ass of! (well not quite off but it sure did jiggle) and I have to comment - you wrote that you were "petting the monkey" haha (i'm 12). Anyways keep it up, I love hearing about your life! Hope you had a good halloween!

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

auhlusnzt www.louisvuittonhandbagson-sale.com gxauudloz [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton handbags on sale[/url] mfuqtkkvg
xjznfdjhl www.louisvuittonluggageonline.com rxrorizar [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton wallets[/url] qogvajqyq
nkazqcrcf www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbag.com tyqclksmf [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]cheap louis vuitton[/url] qmtkfoiot
hravalqbn www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com pbazozsxk [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton wallets[/url] brjkhsiwy
recxtkzex www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com rfeqhyvrn [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton purses on sale[/url] vmnymotxu

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home